Oasis Livestock Company was honored to get several slaughterhouse slaughtering operations management contracts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (Automated and public slaughterhouse of Abu Dhabi – Al Wathba complex slaughterhouse ) and slaughterhouse management of Al Qow slaughterhouse belonging to Al Ain municipality and camel slaughterhouse management belonging to Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority (ADFCA) in Al Khazna in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and Al Labsa in the Emirate of Um Al Qewein, as the company’s management know that slaughterhouses have a great role in providing healthy and disease free meat suitable for human consumption. We are determined to implement our long and unique experience to be the helpful hand from the private sector as a strategic partner in the field of human food chain with the full commitment with regulations and terms stated by the food law of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
We have the best technical experience and the best labor trained on all of the slaughtering, skinning, cavitation and chilling stages. The best skilled butchers have joined our team, whom they are well trained to finish their set tasks. This helps the technical veterinary team in the slaughterhouses to do their tasks easily especially in the religious, social and feast events to supply meat to the consumers in a right and healthy way as well as free from diseases which might contaminate it in case of slaughtering outside slaughterhouses and away from veterinary supervision. Also there is labor trained to handle and separate animal remnants in the slaughterhouses in order not to contaminate the environment. They have been separated from butchers and cleaners in order not to mix with them. Every stage of the slaughtering process has its own designated labor starting from the reception of the animals in the barns and through the transportation to the slaughter rooms and ending with chilling rooms and remnant, skins and hooves gathering rooms. Every group of workers has its own training process to its special task and doesn’t do any other jobs.
The company is concerned to provide healthcare services to its employees in order to ensure their safety and avoid the possibilities of disease transmission through daily supervision. The company also is concerned to provide all personal safety means to its personnel, first aid in work places as well as presenting them to the health authorities when needed and get a free of contagious diseases certificate from the competent health authorities before joining the work.
Due to the importance of personal hygiene the company is committed to provide clean and suitable garments for every slaughter stage. We are committed to provide Muslim butchers as we are concerned with our consumers’ trust regarding the compliance of the slaughter process to the sharia regulations in Islamic countries. In order to protect the environment from pollution we follow Abu Dhabi’s laws which are concerned with the disposal of remnants and disinfectants and chemicals used to clean and sterilize all slaughterhouse sections through licensed companies. The company is eager to recognize risk points in the slaughter process in the slaughterhouse through implementing HACCP terms in every work process.
The company uses the best and the highest in quality of supplies and workers and butchers tools used in work which meets the required health standards. These standards also include the butchers and workers hygiene and provide the necessary tools for that in coordination with the slaughterhouse management. As the company is seeking to upgrade the level of services it provides and improves the work mechanisms using good healthy practices, all of the butchers will undergo training courses from one of the consultancy offices approved by the slaughterhouse management. The workers in the company will be instructed to follow these good healthy practices through obliging them to sterilize their hands and feet before entering the slaughter or skinning sections and not to get out after which, and if so happens in necessary cases then they should be re-sterilized. Also sterilization of slaughtering and cutting tools is a must after each sacrifice and after every step of slaughtering process for the same sacrifice.
To save the country’s environment we follow the regulations set by the environmental authorities in the UAE as in to use biodegradable plastic bags. We also follow the workers safety regulations set by the UAE which meets the working environment as in providing safety helmets, beard covers, hand gloves, long legged rubber boots and plastic aprons and ensuring that the butchers wear the set uniform during working hours. In the end we state that the company is eager to use the specialized expertise in the veterinary and public health field to provide cohesion and unified dialogue that leads to ease of implementing the required procedures from the slaughterhouse management, so that the technical team is free to do his job to the outmost, as in the end it leads to the raise of the quality of the end product and show the effort done by the slaughterhouse technical team in order to reach a featured performance on the level of the country and to meet the strategic target that Abu Dhabi’s municipality seeks to reach by providing unique services.
The following describes the slaughterhouse management process, starting from when the slaughterhouse owner chooses our company to manage and operate it up to the actual operation:
- The company’s management surveys the slaughterhouse and lists all of its content and what is missing for optimal operation including machinery, equipment, settings, etc…
- All whatever the slaughterhouse needs from equipment, machinery, skilled labor (after passing them through full medical checkup) is provided.
- A specialized management is designated to the slaughterhouse. Its duty is to thoroughly and directly follow up the place including slaughtering, skinning, cutting, and all other functions. It also will follow up and manage the workers in order to ensure optimal work flow.
- The slaughterhouse organizational structure is set for the management and the workers with specific job description to everyone.
- After the company is assigned to the slaughterhouse, the place is cleaned and disinfected to be ready for the slaughtering operations.
- A unique colored and marked work garment is provided to every worker in the slaughterhouse in accordance to his job description to easily identify each work group. It is also numbered to easily identify and provide work instruction to the worker. Full work equipment and personal protection kits are provided to every worker.
- The slaughtering process is done in accordance with the Islamic slaughtering law (Shariaa) as well as all local and international rules and regulations with regards to health and safety and prevention of cruelty to animals’ acts using the latest tools and procedures to ensure the best practice.
- Skinning and cutting operations are done separately through specified workers to ensure the safety of the meat and not to be contaminated. This is done using the latest tools and procedures while ensuring the sterilization of the tools used to prevent cross contamination.
- Bio-degradable and environmental friendly plastic bags are used for meat packing.
- All of the cleaning and disinfecting chemicals are environmental friendly and follow the health regulations for use in slaughterhouses.
- All slaughtering and skinning and cleaning waste products are collected, separated according to the type (animal skin, fats, non-consumable livestock components, etc…) and packed separately. Whatever is recyclable is sent to its specialized factory for so, and the rest is disposed of in the most suitable way by sending it to the waste dump.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) system is implemented in all of the slaughterhouses under our management to reduce and finally prevent meat contamination.
- Training courses are given to the workers and the management continuously in all health and safety issues, and also in their work field to upgrade their skills and knowledge.